With a couple days to go until horse racing history could be made, I must release my prelim picks. I won’t be writing much, I’m saving the best for Friday night. But my prelim info will say a little to help.
- Paynter: This horse looks the part. Fast with stamina, could be a huge threat to stopping IHA from winning.
- Atigun: My live longshot. Like this horse for some reason, I just can’t put my finger on it. He could easily hit the board.
- Dullahan: Throw him out! He does not have the late kick you want from a closer, and he looks like stamina might be an issue.
- I’ll Have Another: Top 5 horse, yes. Will he win, I don’t see it happening. You will see exactly why tomorrow.
- Optimizer: No speed and no real will to win. Expect him to finish in the bottom three.
I know some of the things I said will be up for debate, but anything can happen and that is my preliminary take on the Belmont Stakes.